Friday, May 29, 2009

Welcome baby Claire!! (early!)



Claire is here!!! I'm sorry I haven't updated yet but today is the first day I have been able to get to the computer (actually, I started this post yesterday and am just able to finish it today, Saturday). Claire was born on Sunday, May 24th at 11:11 pm. She weighed 7lbs and was 20 in. long. We couldn't believe how fast she came. I started having contractions (real ones) around 3:30pm, went to the hospital at 7 and had her at 11. I only pushed for about 20 minutes or so.

Funny story...Jeff was in Flagstaff on Sunday riding quads with his friends. We totally didn't think I would go into labor. IN FACT, before he left at 7am that morning, Jeff said "You won't go into labor today." When I called him that afternoon WE WERE IN SHOCK!!!! I tried to wait for him to get home but I couldn't so my brother and sister-in-law took me to the hospital and Jeff was there waiting for us! He beat us! I'm so glad he made it though, I don't know what I would have done without him.

She is just SO ADORABLE. I just love her sweet little face and can't believe she is finally here. I love her so much and couldn't imagine life without her now. Jeff has been so great this week...He has been helping me so much and she is totally daddy's girl. She looks just like him too!!! My mom says she is a spitting image of him. She is a mini Jeff!! I love it!! I love my little family so much, I just can't believe it. I'm finally a mom!!!



I love her face!!!



PROUD PARENTS!



Proud grandma with her 2nd granddaughter





Going home


First car ride home...it was so surreal driving home with our new baby
We couldn't believe that she was actually here!



Daddy driving his little girl home.


Walking into our house for the first time with her!


I had to take this picture...


First bath, which she didn't really like.


6 comments:

Sandra said...

Christina and Jeff,
Claire is a very lucky little girl to have both parents to love and adore her 24/7 for over 2 months!!!She is a wonderful baby and so grateful that everything worked out so well for all three of you. Can't wait to see what both little girls will accomplish in their lifetime.

Adam, Camron, Mack said...

Christina she is darling! Mack was born on the 25th at 5:26 a.m. They are only one day apart. I can't believe we experienced motherhood at the same time practically. I love it, it’s honestly the greatest accomplishment and thing I have ever done. To heck with professionally dancing being a mom is what really counts. Come to Utah so I can hold her.

Tandee said...

Congratulations! Christina, you're going to be such a cute little mom! I'm so excited for you, and she is ADORABLE! I love that first photo of her cute little face! I can say she's adorable and mean it, because I admit mine were not that cute at first. I hope everything goes well these next few weeks, and that you take a nap whenever you get a chance! =)

Unknown said...

Congrats Christina!!!!! Claire is so cute!!!! I am so excited for you!

Sarah's Place said...

Congratulations, Christina! She is so sweet. What a cutie. How are you coping with everything? I am sure you are enjoying it. Make sure you do, because it goes by so fast!

Ashley said...

She is absolutely adorable! Congratulations! We can't wait to meet her.