Sunday, January 11, 2009

Christmas and New Year's (late!)

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry this is so late, but it's been so busy getting back into the swing of things after having two weeks off!! Jeff and I had a great Christmas and New Year's...we did a lot so here we go!!! First, we had Christmas Eve dinner at our house with my parents and Rich's family. It was so much fun and I just love seeing how quickly Audrey is growing. Then, we left at 6am Christmas Day to go to Illinois to visit Jeff's family. The flights going there were great...no delays at all!! I can write the entire length of the blog on what we did so here is a short run down with some fun pictures!!




What a happy baby!!!



We spent Christmas Day with Jeff's dad and his family and then we left to stay with his mom and her family. Jeff's sister, Jenni, and her 3 girls came over to have Christmas with us as well. I love having so many family Christmas celebrations!!!


Corrieann, Preston, Montana
We took our nephews and niece, Dawson, Kale, and Montana, to the Rock Island Arsenal, the John Deer Pavillion, and ended the day by visiting buffalo that some farmers own on their property.
The Rock Island Arsenal






The John Deer Pavillion

Jeff would love to have one of these!!

Visiting the buffalo





Another day we went with Jeff's dad and his wife, Lydia, to the Lincoln Memorial, which was very cool. (We love learning about history)
Here we are with Abe Lincoln's family!!!


We also visited with Jeff's great-grandma Tillie and other cousins. Great-grandma Tillie is 100 years old!!! It was really great seeing her and that she's doing so well.




New Year's Eve was really fun this year!! We went to a friend's house with one of Jeff's best friends, Lance, and his wife, Cherri. We played Rock Band, which I am HORRIBLE at, by the way. Jeff "rocked" at it!!! He played every instrument without messing up and has a great singing voice! Then, we played this newlywed game, which we did pretty well at. What a fun night!!!





Me laughing at horrible
I was doing!!

Jeff and Lance rocking out!!


Happy New Year!!!

We also went to eat with his dad, Lydia, Jenni, his stepsister, Pam, and her husband, Dale "D".






This was a great 2 weeks and I'm always sad when the holidays are over. I hope 2009 has some fun things in store for all of you!!!

3 comments:

Sarah's Place said...

I am glad you guys had a good holiday break! Sounds like you got to do a lot of fun stuff!

Sandra said...

Christina and Jeff,
I'm so happy you had a wonderful time at Christmas! The Rock Island Arsenal would of been so interesting. Abe Lincoln was my favorite president growing up, his

bio was the first one I read. I can't wait to hear Jeff sing and play some instruments.

Tandee said...

Wow! How fun and busy! Good to hear you had a great time! No wonder I didn't see you when I was in AZ! =) Good luck getting back into the swing of things after the holidays.